The Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors were introduced today by Intel, and QCT is pleased to offer, for immediate shipment, four powerful servers featuring these new processors. In addition, we will have a full lineup of QCT products—designed for the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors —that will be available soon (so stay tuned)
A Big Deal for Data Centers
The Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors makes significant leaps in I/O, memory, storage, and network technologies. This new platform is the foundation for QCT products that afford unprecedented customer agility and design flexibility. The world-class engineering and manufacturing expertise, coupled with QCT’s legendary experience in hyperscale data center operations, deliver significant advancements to our product portfolio, with new feature innovations including:
- Improved Computing Performance—up to 21 percent boost in UPI data transmission efficiency.
- Now with up to 28 high-performance cores.
- Doubled Memory Capacity—support for up to 128GB DIMMs. Also, memory bandwidth is 1.5 times broader, increasing to 6-channels per CPU from 4-channels.
- Improved I/O Capacity—more PCIe lanes to support U.2 SSD and networking adapters, ensuring there’s no scaling bottlenecks.
- Extremely low system idle power.
- Optional 80 Plus Titanium PSU for reducing data center power consumption.
- Flexible I/O options, including a variety of SAS mezzanine and OCP NIC/ PHY mezzanine options, so users avoid the extra expense of unnecessary LOM or RAID controllers.
- Optimized for hyperconverged and software-defined solutions.
- RESTful API, QCT System Manager (QSM), and Intel® Rack Scale Design (RSD) included to simplify datacenter management.
Quick Deployment and Maintenance
- Tool-less designs include screwless drive trays and PCIe slot designs.
- QCT Quanta System Manager (QSM) and monitoring hub.
- Ready-to-ship with whole rack.
The Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors can deliver up to two times greater performance in floating point operations per clock-cycle, delivering a peak performance capability boost that customers running a variety of workloads will appreciate. It will be especially valuable for customers running high-performance computing applications and data analytics workloads. These benefits are made possible by Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512).
Four New QCT Servers Immediately Available
A complete lineup featuring the newest Intel processors is in the works, and four QCT servers are available now:
- QuantaGrid D52B-1U — a highly scalable, 2-socket 1U server. It features maximum memory capacity, innovative screw-less drive bays, industry’s largest storage IOPS, and up to five PCIe expansion slots for sufficient I/O throughput to ensure there’s no scaling bottleneck to support your fast-growing business demand.
- QuantaGrid D52BQ-2U — a versatile 2-socket rackmount server, flexible to support various kinds of software-defined workloads. It features not only optimal performance and power efficiency but also designed to minimize service downtime with screw-less HDD, fan, PCIe card exchange.
- QuantaPlex T42S-2U (4-Node) — inheriting the proven 2U4N architecture designed for optimal density and efficiency. Each of the four computing node supports 16x memory modules and 6x SATA/SAS storage drives to deliver efficient performance for compute intensive workloads.
- QuantaPlex T42SP-2U (4-Node) — the same 2U4N form factor as of the T42S-2U. Designed for tiered storage due to NVMe SSDs support for cache acceleration. Each node supports two NVMe SSDs, which delivers 6 times throughput compared with conventional SATA SSD.
QCT will also be launching a series of additional products based on the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors including storage servers, a 4-socket server, high-density multi-node servers, and AI-acceleration solutions.
QCT is working hard to extend its leadership in delivering the latest data center technology and solutions to our customers, and our all new 2nd Generation Server Platforms designed for the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors is no exception. Visit our QCT 2nd Generation Server Platforms website today or Contact QCT to learn more about how QCT can help your data center deliver greater performance and economics to your company.
*Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.